Small businesses are the backbone of Rhode Island’s economy – 96 percent of businesses in the Ocean State are small businesses.
- As chairman of the Small Business Advocacy Council (SBAC), Lt. Governor McKee is committed to advocating for small businesses across the state and helping them grow and prosper.
- He is engaging with partners in state and local government to create a business climate that is friendly, stable, and predictable.
- He is working to address high energy costs and ensure that small businesses have a voice before the Rhode Island Public Utilities Commission.
- Through the Lt. Governor's Entrepreneurship Challenge scholarship program, he is harnessing the talent of our young entrepreneurs and helping support them as they become the innovators that drive our state and economy forward.
- Under Lt. Governor McKee's leadership, the lieutenant governor's office is a resource for small businesses, acting as a liason between the small business
community and state agencies. If you need small business assistance, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.