Small businesses are the backbone of Rhode Island’s economy – 96 percent of businesses in the Ocean State are small businesses.
- As chairman of the Small Business Advocacy Council (SBAC), Lt. Governor McKee is committed to advocating for small businesses across the state and helping them grow and prosper.
- He is engaging with partners in state and local government to create a business climate that is friendly, stable, and predictable.
- He is working to address high energy costs and ensure that small businesses have a voice before the Rhode Island Public Utilities Commission.
- He is dedicated to harnessing the talent of our young entrepreneurs and helping support them as they become the innovators that drive our state and economy forward.
- Under Lt. Governor McKee's leadership, the lieutenant governor's office is a resource for small businesses, acting as a liason between the small business
community and state agencies. If you need small business assistance, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.