About Operation Holiday Cheer
2019 Event Dates
- Operation Holiday Cheer is an annual care package initiative organized by the Lt. Governor's Office for Rhode Island service men and women spending the holidays away from home.
- The program relies entirely on the generosity of individuals and corporate and community sponsors who provide in-kind or financial contributions.
- Contributions are collected from across the state and hundreds of volunteers help assemble the packages for shipment.
- Drop off date for donated items: Saturday, Nov. 16, 2019, 8:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- Packing and mailing of boxes: Sunday, Nov. 17, 2019, 8:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- To make a monetary donation please go to the American Red Cross website.
- Mail checks to: Lt. Governor's Office, State House, 82 Smith Street, Providence, RI 02903.
Please make a note on the
check that the donation is for Operation Holiday Cheer.
- Donations of goods can be dropped off at the Warwick Armory (541 Airport Road Warwick, RI on Saturday, Nov. 16, 2019, 8:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- Please see the "wish list" for goods desired by our troops.
Suggest a Recipient
- We can always use an extra hand to help deliver holiday cheer to our service members! For safety purposes, volunteers must be age 12 and up.
- We ask volunteers to arrive at the Armory at 8:15 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday for a safety briefing.
- To volunteer, e-mail email@example.com.
- If your loved one is a Rhode Island resident and a military service member stationed out of state and you would them to receive a care package please e-mail the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Service member's full name, rank, unit and mailing address AND your name and phone number.