Rhode Island's diversity has always been our strength. This initiative engages our culturally diverse population in a new way to spark economic development and create opportunity throughout our state.
- The initiative encourages residents to voluntarily use their international contacts and professional relationships to promote Rhode Island’s viable economic potential as an entry point to United States markets.
- Ambassadors are given marketing kits that highlight Rhode Island's diverse economy, convenient geography and rich history. When an ambassador travels out of the country, they use the kits to have simple, positive conversations about Rhode Island with business or government leaders in their networks.
- Once an ambassador makes a promising contact,
they report back to the Lt. Governor's Office
where a staff member engages the
appropriate Rhode Island economic
development agency to pursue the lead.
- Ambassadors serve in an honorary capacity. No compensation or reimbursement is provided.
- Questions? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.